Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

My family has a Waltham Vertical Grand French Repeating

My family has a Waltham Vertical Grand French Repeating Action player piano. I am not sure of the exact age. There are two numbers I have found, and I am not sure which is the serial number. One number is ***** and the other number is ***** We are possibly interested in selling it, but need to know an approximate value. Although it has not been tuned for about 20 years, the piano itself is in excellent condition, however to my knowledge, the player does not work. Is there any way to tell if the player works without having a music roll?
JA: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Is there anything else important you think the Musical Instrument Appraiser should know?
Customer: Is there some way to upload photos?

My name is Glenda,
I am reviewing your question..
I will return in just a moment.

This is your answer, please read entirely.
.
The Waltham Vertical Grand French Repeating Action player piano dates to the 1920's, it has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $550.00-700.00 if sold at an auction (a local auction ) it would sell for a little less. If I were selling it I would list it for $700.00
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you need values for. Just send to "Glenda Only" I would be happy to help.
.
Glenda,
.
Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. This is the only way we get compensated for our work.They should be located top left of the page. Or you may see review expert or rate expert.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Hello

Thank you so much for the rating, is there a reason that only 4 stars were chosen, I strive to give the best answer if at all possible, was there something I could have done to improve this rating?

Glenda