Musical Instrument Appraisal

Get musical instrument appraisals from Experts

I just was given a masonand hamblin organ that has been in…

Customer Question
I just was given...

I just was given a masonand hamblin organ that has been in the family. It is a baby organ . On the left hand side it says phila 187_ either a 3 a y or an 8. It is hard to read the date. It does not make music but the two pujps may not be connected. Where can I find information on it. i am also interested in restoration.

Expert's Assistant: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Is there anything else the Musical Instrument Appraiser should be aware of?

Sorry, you through me off about youf brother's guitar. . The frame is in pretty good shape- mahogany in color with a gold pattern. The wooden bar in the front behind the legs look as if it has been broken because there in tape on it. There is a small gouge on one side butnot obvious. am sure the leather part that creates the air flow is not in good shape. It felt a bit hard. I am not necessarily interested in an appraisal as I will keep it. I would just like to know more about and very excited to have it.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
12/29/2017
Musical Instrument Appraiser: Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser replied 6 months ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser

My name is Glenda,
I am reviewing your question.
I will return in just a moment.

Hello, my name is Glenda
.
Do you have pictures you can send?

.

If your message box has a blue box that says "attach file" or a paper clip icon you can use that to upload photos. If not then Click the link: for instructions on uploading images
.
ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl
.
If your pictures are on a phone, plug the phone into the computer, then you can upload to the site right from the phone, the phone will be treated as a removable drive.
.

Or you can send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
.
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.
.
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.
.
Glenda