Musical Instrument Appraisal

Get musical instrument appraisals from Experts

Seeking info on Steinway Model A Grand piano from Knox

Customer Question
Seeking info on Steinway...

Seeking info on Steinway Model A Grand piano from Knox estate

Expert's Assistant: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

It is a Model #132866 6ft. Steinway Grabd Piano. It was completed onSep. 26, 1909. It is oak and very ornately carved. It was shipped to Denton, Coutier and Daniels. I recently purchased it from the store and was told it was from the KnoxEstate. I’m interested in knowing as much of the history as possible and if it was used regularly. It is in pristine condition.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Musical Instrument Appraiser should know?

That is all the information I have

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
12/28/2017
Musical Instrument Appraiser: Wayne, Bachelor's Degree replied 3 months ago
Wayne, Bachelor's Degree

This is Wayne I am a verified a verified expert in musical instruments. Can you post photos of your piano.

Thanks,

I don’t know exactly how to get them on this site but will try
I hope you got the pictures. Let me know what you think

This link should help you.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Thanks,

I sent several pictures. Did you get them
The pictures show on the message you sent to me.

Sorry you are having trouble.

Unfortunately they are not posted here. You can email them to customer service and say "For Wayne"

Please send me the email address for customer service and I will mail them out. I had sent them under “+Add files”

You can try it again, it may work. Here is a link if it doesn't.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Thanks,

I have sent the pictures again with “+Add files”
EB7D2B11-021C-46F7-ACEC...jpegEB7D2B...jpegFC41C1B7-2D44-44EB-B1DB...jpegFC41C1...jpeg5F4C8F69-AAFE-451B-9E76...jpeg5F4C8F...jpegBDF384A3-7A35-4425-AD06...jpegBDF384...jpegF960EA85-9FF9-4924-A420...jpegF960EA...jpeg
Did you get the pictures?? Happy New Year

I received the photos. Beautiful piano. Has this been rebuilt and restored? It looks like it from the photos.

Thanks,

I don’t know if ithas been refurbished or not. I can probably check with Denton Coutier and Daniels, the place where I purchased it. It looks to be in pristine condition with the exception of some fading on one
side from sun. I am hoping to find out the”story”of the piano.
It appears to have had very little use. Please let me know what you can find out or if I also need to call the dealer I bought it from to see if it has been refurbished. Please advise and thank you for your help.

Unfortunately I can't trace the history of this specific piano. Your best bet is to contact the dealer that you purchased this from perhaps they may have records. I can only provide age and market and insurance value. I will opt-out of this question and open this to others without additional cost to you.

Thank you,

Thank you for your help. I already have a statement from Steinway stating the piano was made in 1908 and should be insured in the amount of $100,600. I am looking for a chain of ownership and possibly a living relative of the Knox estate who is familiar with the piano’s story. Again, thank you
***** *****
Glenda B.
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser