Musical Instrument Appraisal

Get Musical Instrument Appraisal from Experts

Musical Instrument Appraisal

I have a Yamaha P2F upright piano. I brought it in 1998.

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a Yamaha P2F upright piano. I brought it in 1998. What is it worth? Thank you.

Expert's Assistant: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

The piano is in a very good condition. Black color. PE218135

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/17/2017
Musical Instrument Appraiser: AppraisalExpert, Professional Appraiser replied 2 months ago
AppraisalExpert
AppraisalExpert, Professional Appraiser

Thanks for the question! This is a great piano! In good, playable condition a black Yamaha P2F Upright Piano sells at the $2,000 to $3,000 level at venues like music stories. As one piano blog says, "Also referred to as a “Professional Upright”, the Yamaha model P2F studio upright piano is one of Yamaha’s most popular models due to it’s compact size and affordability. It is ideal for locations where space is somewhat limited. It has the full resonant tone and expressive range of a small grand piano. The Yamaha vertical piano action has a well-deserved reputation for accuracy and response. Many pianists prefer the Yamaha for that very reason." (see: https://88keyspianowarehouse.com/yamaha-model-p2f-studio-upright-piano/ in offering one for $2,950)

Please rate my professionalism in addressing answer using the JustAnswer 5-star system. Rating the question is the sole-way that experts are recognized and closes the question. It costs nothing more for you.

This is a 1998 year piano.

Yes! I took that into account when providing the valuation. The value provided was the net-price you may get after piano store fees. The typical pre-owned retail price for these 15 to 25 year old pianos is $3,000 to $4,000, but on venues like Craigslist they typically sell for less.

AppraisalExpert
AppraisalExpert
AppraisalExpert, Professional Appraiser