Musical Instrument Appraisal

Get musical instrument appraisals from Experts

I have an old upright that as far as i can tell does not…

Customer Question
I have an old upright...
I have an old upright that as far as i can tell does not have a manufactuer listed only the serial number, which is 12727. It has painting of flowers on the inside which look like they are original. Can you possibly tell me the brand?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
12/14/2017
Musical Instrument Appraiser: Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser replied 8 months ago
Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Sorry but I would not be able to find out the brand by serial or appearance. Piano designs were very similar and there have been many thousands of companies that have come and gone. I can help with valuation if you would like that.
There’s no way to search a piano bank by the serial number? If the answe is still no, i do not think I should have to pay $32 for not receiving a good answer.
Correct. There is no “piano bank” and all piano companies started with the same numerical sequence. Almost all piano companies would therefore have a serial “12727”. So in this case it is not a lack of a good answer, as you say, just that the answer is not possible. We do piano appraisals here as our focus. You’re welcome to contact customer service if you don’t want to continue.