Musical Instrument Appraisal

Get musical instrument appraisals from Experts

I have a violin that I am judging to be well over 100 years.

Customer Question
I have a violin...

I have a violin that I am judging to be well over 100 years. The only word I could see inside was H O P E...are to see through the little openings. I have had the strings repaired and the Bow restrung. In good condition, I have no idea where to go for value , so hoped you could help Millie Thompson

Expert's Assistant: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Is there anything else important you think the Musical Instrument Appraiser should know?

The person who played and owned it was my ex husbands Grandfather, Wesley Thompson...I know he played at dances. I am 85 years old so I know this is old, about all I know about the instrument. I used to play in High School, but on a different violin. Thankks Millie

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/8/2017
Musical Instrument Appraiser: Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser replied 7 months ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser

My name is Glenda,
I am reviewing your question.
I will return in just a moment.

Can you send a picture of this?