Musical Instrument Appraisal

Get musical instrument appraisals from Experts

Victor victrola VE-9-54-E (talking maching)

Customer Question
victor victrola VE-9-54-E (talking maching)
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
12/6/2017
Musical Instrument Appraiser: Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser replied 7 months ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser

My name is Glenda,
I am reviewing your question.
I will return in just a moment.

Is this oak? Or mahogany?

mahogany
no

This is your answer, please read entirely.
.
The Victor Victrola VE-9-54-E has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $1***-**-****.00 if sold at an auction(a local auction ) it would sell for a little less,at around $1***-**-****.00 , if this were sold in a High End Antique Shop in a larger city it would sell for $1400.00 and up depending on the condition. If I were selling it I would list it for $1400.00
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you need values for. Just send to "Glenda Only" I would be happy to help.
.
Glenda,
.
Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. This is the only way we get compensated for our work.They should be located top left of the page. Or you may see review expert or rate expert.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

can you find anything to compare it, very rare

You said no to a phone call correct? I understand, I did not send that, I actually do not do phone calls.

What do you mean compare it to. I have the most up to date books on this, and when I looked up the Name and the model this is the value that was taken from the most up to date data base that lists items sold in the past 12 months.

just wondering if any are for sale right now? And where i could look at them

Hello

If there are any for sale at this time they would be located on any number of websites. But, not all items are listed on the internet, that is why Appraisers do not use the internet for looking up values for items. We use the most up to date data bases we pay to access, and they take those values from recorded sold items.

All Victor Victrola VE-9-54-E sell for around the same price, as a matter of fact, most Victor Victrola's sell for around the same value or less.

.

.
Glenda,
.
.
.