Musical Instrument Appraisal

Get musical instrument appraisals from Experts

I have a 1943 Lester Piano, that was appraised at $16,500…

Customer Question
I have a 1943...

I have a 1943 Lester Piano, that was appraised at $16,500 about 20 years ago - by the original owner. She wrote a letter to give the piano provenance. It has real ivory keys and a matching bench. I don't know what the piano is worth, but a local piano store owner said the appraisals normally remain correct for many years. It has been refinished, but the sound is incredible. Can you tell me it's approximate worth?

Expert's Assistant: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Is there anything else important you think the Musical Instrument Appraiser should know?

It has real ivory keys. The sound is better than that of modern grand pianos. It is a spinnet style.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
12/2/2017
Musical Instrument Appraiser: Wayne, Bachelor's Degree replied 8 months ago
Wayne, Bachelor's Degree
This is Wayne I am a verified expert in musical instruments and I can help you with this. These are nice quality and were manufactured in Philadelphia up to 1960. You have the most popular Spinet they made "The Betsy Ross" Named after Betsy Ross the famous seamstress who made our first flag. Unfortunately, whoever appraised this piano for $16,500 was either wrong or it was a typo, $1650 would have been an accurate insurance price. These are selling pretty consistently for $400-600 at auction and on the second hand market. Insurance value would be $1000 in today's market. I'm sorry if you are disappointed but I must be honest with you.
Thank you,
Please click on the Stars*****When you read this answer.