Musical Instrument Appraisal

Get musical instrument appraisals from Experts

We are trying to sell our Currier baby grand piano made in…

Customer Question
We are trying to...

We are trying to sell our Currier baby grand piano made in 1981, model# ***** serial# ***** It is in very good to execellent condition, but needs to be tuned and has one key that sticks. Can you give me a reasonable estimate of how much it is worth? Thank you in advance

Expert's Assistant: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Is there anything else important you think the Musical Instrument Appraiser should know?

I will try to send this message one more time. I am interested in finding out yhe worth of my 1981 Currier Baby Grand piano, which is in very good to excellent condition, except for needing to be tuned and has one key that sticks . the model# ***** ***** serial# ***** ***** Thank you in advance for your advice.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
11/28/2017
Musical Instrument Appraiser: Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser replied 7 months ago
Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Thanks for your question. Please allow about a half hour to look into this for you.

Thanks for your patience!

In checking serial listings for this company, I do not find any that begin with "G" and the number you provided would indicate a piano built in the 1960's not 1981. That said, some of their pianos were made in Asia and could have different numbers. It sounds like you are certain of the age of your piano, so I will go with that. Currier was only in business until 1983 when they finally closed the doors.

Based on your description of the instrument and considering the used piano market today, I would recommend a selling range of approximately $2,700-$3,400 in a private sale, with final price determined by actual condition and local selling market. If you involve a 3rd party like a dealer, be prepared to take far less than this price range in value. Best wishes!

Please select a rating before leaving--I aim for five stars! This is how the website credits me, an independent appraiser, for completing this for you. Thanks!