Musical Instrument Appraisal

Get musical instrument appraisals from Experts

I have a clough and warren pump organ from around 1880 a…

Customer Question
I have a clough...

I have a clough and warren pump organ from around 1880 a little rough can you tell me what its worth?

Expert's Assistant: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Iits a pump organ

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Musical Instrument Appraiser should know?

I have a few pictures

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/24/2017
Musical Instrument Appraiser: Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser replied 7 months ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser

My name is Glenda,
I am reviewing your question..
I will return in just a moment.

Hi, my name is Glenda,

This is your answer, please read entirely.
.

The ANTIQUE CLOUGH & WARREN PUMP ORGAN 1880, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $$1***-**-****.00, if sold at an auction(a local auction ) it would sell for a little less,at around $800.00-850.00, if this were sold in a High End Shop in a larger city it would sell for $1500.00 and up depending on the condition. If I were selling it I would list it for $1500.00
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you need values for. Just send to "Glenda Only" I would be happy to help.
.
Glenda,
.
Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. This is the only way we get compensated for our work.They should be located top left of the page. Or you may see review expert or rate expert.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

In all honesty I am going to sell it local what is it really worth. Is it a rare style or anything that makes it special. I just want to get rid of it.

Hello

It is not a Rare Style, these were pretty common during this time period. If you want to sell it locally you might list it on Craigslist, or even list in your local paper. There are those who still purchase these old organs, even some churches do.

.
Glenda,
.
.
.

I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going.
.
Let me know if you still need help with this question. I strive to answer any and all questions a customer might have in order for you to have a enjoyable experience with me as an appraiser.
.
Rating the appraiser for answering your question has no cost to you, so please take a moment to rate this answer. This is the only way we get compensated by the site for our work. At no cost to you the customer.

This may be clicking the stars, rate expert or review expert.
.
If you using a mobile phone: scroll to the top of the page then click on Finish Rating, then click on the stars!

A rating is appreciated
Thank you

Glenda

.
.

.

A rating is appreciated
Thank you

Glenda