Musical Instrument Appraisal

Get musical instrument appraisals from Experts

I'm trying to get an idea what my piano, a Boston gp163ep…

Customer Question
I'm trying to get...

I'm trying to get an idea what my piano, a Boston gp163ep that's 4.5 years old be with to sell

Expert's Assistant: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

It's serial number is ***** It's been tuned every six months and played 3/4 times a week

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Musical Instrument Appraiser should know?

Great condition all around

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
11/21/2017
Musical Instrument Appraiser: twinb1201, Appraiser, Researcher replied 8 months ago
twinb1201
twinb1201, Appraiser, Researcher

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help. I've been an appraiser of musical instruments for 29 years, and am the president of the Association of Online Appraisers.

I'm going to take a few moments to do some research and will get back to you shortly.

Back with you now.

As I'm sure you know, your piano was built by Kawai to Steinway's specifications. That makes it a pretty desirable piano.

It also appears that you have taken very good care of this piano.

If it is in excellent cosmetic and playing condition, the current fair market (private sale or auction) value of your piano is approximately $8,000, depending on location and actual condition. The retail (replacement) value would be approximately $20,000.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you. Please let me know if you'd like me to explain or expand on any of the above, I would be glad to do that.

I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button), at no extra cost to you. Your positive rating is how I am credited for my work. Please click the five stars above, and then click the green button. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.

Thank you so much!

Best wishes,

Judith-on-Antiques