Musical Instrument Appraisal

Get musical instrument appraisals from Experts

My Grandfather, Gunnar Helland made some violins and I would…

Customer Question
Hi: My name is*****...
Hi: My name is***** Grandfather, Gunnar Helland made some violins and I would like to purchase one - any ideas where I could fine one? Thanks, ***** ***** 17310 Abel Lane Wayzata MN. 55391 Phone(###) ###-####
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
11/18/2017
Musical Instrument Appraiser: twinb1201, Appraiser, Researcher replied 8 months ago
twinb1201
twinb1201, Appraiser, Researcher

Hello Greg,

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help. I've been an appraiser of musical instruments for 29 years, and am the president of the Association of Online Appraisers.

I'm going to see what I can find and get back to you shortly.

Greg,

Was your grandfather Gunnar Olavsson Helland or Gunnar Gunarsson Helland?

Gunnar G Helland

Thanks! Be back soon.

Hi again Greg.

I am so sorry to tell you that I've been unable to find one of your grandfather's violins for sale. But, don't give up! Violins come on the market all the time. If you keep in touch with the major auction houses (Sothebys, Christies, Skinner), one will turn up eventually.

I'm going to Opt Out, which will open your question to all the Experts. If someone can answer your question they will get in touch with you. You don't need to do anything else.

Wishing you the best of luck!

Musical Instrument Appraiser: Wayne, Bachelor's Degree replied 8 months ago
Wayne, Bachelor's Degree
This is Wayne I am a verified expert in musical instruments and I can help you with this.
According to my research I have found a biography. Please let me know if we are talking about the same person.Gunnar Gunnarson, Born 1889 Bø, Norway, d.c.1976 Fargo, North Dakota USA. Emigrated to the USA in 1901 to join his brother Knut Gunnarson Helland, below, in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin. Moved to Minneapolis, Minnesota 1927, working there with Jacob Lundh. Finally established independently in Fargo. Over 450 violins.
Thanks,
Violins by this maker are selling for $1500-2000 at auction.
Thank you,
Click on the Stars*****When you read this answer.