Musical Instrument Appraisal

Get musical instrument appraisals from Experts

Request for Wayne, I have an 'Heirloom" French Horn. It is…

Customer Question
Request for Wayne,I have an...
Request for Wayne,I have an 'Heirloom" French Horn. It is obviously old, but not damaged other than it needs a make-over in appearance (re-coat of lacquer or what ever it is called?). It has its mouth piece and in a case. Worth keeping or not - maybe should I take it to a Brass instrument expert in Tasmania? I could search for that I assume! Thanks Wayne, Kerry.
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
11/18/2017
Musical Instrument Appraiser: Wayne, Bachelor's Degree replied 5 months ago
Wayne, Bachelor's Degree
Hi Kerry,
Is there anything else engrave on the French Horn?
Thanks,
Wayne, there is a name "Orpheus" in a sort of emblem sign engraved on the 'funnel' and there is a number 58149 engraved behind the middle finger valve. Thanks, Kerry.
Hi Kerry,
I can't find a match for this horn. I don't know of any brand Orpheus or Heirloom. This could be a model name but I need a maker.n if you can't find anything thing else. Let me know and I will open this question to others.
Thanks,
Thanks "Heirloom" was not the name on the instrument - I meant it was an heirloom in the family - (a pass me down). I could talk to you, but on the last e-mail the price went up to $48.00 and if price is an issue with every question I ask JA, then sorry, but best to try and ask someone locally in my school holidays in January when I have more time. Thanks for your time. Kerry.
Hi Kerry,
This shouldn't cost you anymore than you agreed to. I will opt out of this question and perhaps someone else may know the horn.
Thanks,
Glenda B.
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser