Musical Instrument Appraisal

Get Musical Instrument Appraisal from Experts

Musical Instrument Appraisal

I have my Mum's piano - Thurmer with name on a plaque "Baden

I have my Mum's piano...
I have my Mum's piano - Thurmer with name on a plaque "Baden Cameron"
JA: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I have my Mum's Thurmer Piano with Baden Cameron's name on a plaque above the MIddle c note. It is black.the wood quality if of excellent condition and has a stool as well. the keys of course of somewhat discoloured, and I am wondering what to do with the piano as my Mum is gravely ill at the present moment. I am a piano player myself and have a Yamaha (rosewood) small upright piano - perfect for me. Wonder what I should do - take it to a restorer who may give me a 'bogus' quote or should I get some expert advice from mainland Australia. I am in Hobart Tasmania. Thanking you Kerry.
JA: Is there anything else the Musical Instrument Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer:***@******.***
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/18/2017
Wayne, Bachelor's Degree
Hi Kerry,
This is Wayne I am a verified expert in musical instruments and I can help you with this.
This is a good quality German piano. Unfortunately the market is soft for these old upright pianos. This would sell for $400-700 AUS at auction and on the second hand market.
Thank you,
Click on the Stars*****When you read this answer.
Wayne, Bachelor's Degree
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Thanks Wayne, I do have an "heirloom" French Horn. I typed this messsage somewhere else/ not sure whether you got it?It does have a mouth piece, in a case, but obviously tatty looking and needs a make-over. does not appear damaged in any way. Just OLD? Do I have to pay again to ask this question? Kerry.
Hi Kerry,
Unfortunately JA only permits us to do one answer per question.
Open a new question and put for Wayne.
Thanks,
Wayne, Bachelor's Degree