Musical Instrument Appraisal

Get musical instrument appraisals from Experts

Looking to determine approximate value of a Vega Wonder

Looking to determine approximate...

Looking to determine approximate value of a Vega Wonder Tenor Banjo that was made in 1961 [according to its serial number]. It is in good to very good condition. Has not been played in well over 35 years and has been kept in a hard case all that time.

Expert's Assistant: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Is there anything else the Musical Instrument Appraiser should be aware of?

Not that I know of. It belonged to my uncle who played in a local string band in the 1960s and 1970s. He purchased it new from a shop in Atlantic City according to a paper that is in the case.

11/17/2017
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser

My name is ***** ***** reviewing your question..
I will return in just a moment.

This is your answer, please read entirely.
.
The 1960's Vega Wonder Tenor Banjo has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $1***-**-****.00 if sold at an auction(a local auction ) it would sell for a little less,at around $1***-**-****.00, if this were sold in a High End Shop in a larger city it would sell for $2400.00 and up depending on the condition. If I were selling it I would list it for $ 2400.00
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you need values for. Just send to "Glenda Only" I would be happy to help.
.
Glenda,
.
Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. This is the only way we get compensated for our work.They should be located top left of the page. Or you may see review expert or rate expert.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a
rating.

Glenda B.