Musical Instrument Appraisal

Get musical instrument appraisals from Experts

I have a Swan pump organ which I acquired about 1965. It had…

Customer Question
I have a Swan...

I have a Swan pump organ which I acquired about 1965. It had 13 coats of finishes on it which I removed and got down to the original oak wood. There is a note written on the back dated in the early 1900s by someone who worked on the organ. Any idea of what it is worth?

Expert's Assistant: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Is there anything else important you think the Musical Instrument Appraiser should know?

In refinishing the organ with a clear finish, I had the original mirror resilvered and a friend dry cleaned all of the backing fabrics by hand and redyed them to the original color. One stop is missing. The bellows woek good and the organ will play.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
10/7/2017
Musical Instrument Appraiser: Erin-Marie Wallace, Owner & CEO of Rare-Era.com replied 10 months ago
Erin-Marie Wallace
Erin-Marie Wallace, Owner & CEO of Rare-Era.com

Greetings, my name is ***** ***** I am a federally certified Fine Art and Antiques appraiser and licensed auctioneer with a Master’s degree from Sotheby’s Institute, UK. I believe that I can assist you in evaluating this piece that you have carefully restored but to be accurate I'll need to request that you upload photos of the organ.

Sincerely,

Erin-Marie