Musical Instrument Appraisal

Get musical instrument appraisals from Experts

Piano, Bedroom Suite, Grandfather clock please I'm the POA…

Customer Question
Piano, Bedroom Suite, Grandfather...

Piano, Bedroom Suite, Grandfather clock please

I'm the POA for my 91 year old aunt. She has a Wilking piano that she purchased I think over 50 years ago. Serial # J20929, Model # J-435 Paid $2395.00 when she bought it. It is 56 inches wide, 42 and a half tall, and 24 and a half inches from front to back. In excellent condition How much is it worth and how do I go about saleing it for her? She needs all her money for her nursing home. She also has a bedroom suit that is probably an antique also. It was made by the Cherry house. It is a canopy bed, dresser with mirror, night stand and Chester draw. She also has a beautiful grand father clock made by Ridgeway, Model # 135, Movement # E and the finish is F/W. It stands 741/2 inches tall and from left to right it is 18 inches wide, and from front to back it is 10 inches deep. Everything works and it is in excellent condition. I have got to put all this in storage or sale it now to place the money into her account so she will have more money to stay alive. I only have until the 26th of Oct. to finish cleaning out her apartment. I'm having the completion of an double mastectomy finished on the 27th of Oct. I need help!!!!!!!!!!!

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

I'm the POA for my 91 year old aunt. She has a Wilking piano that she purchased I think over 50 years ago. Serial # J20929, Model # J-435. She paid $2395.00 for it. It is 56 1/2 inches wide, 42 1/2 inches tall and 24 1/2 inches from front to back. It is a dark brown and is in excellent conditionIt has 3 medals and the original bench seat with it. I have pictures. She also has an cherry bedroom suit made by the Cherry House. I think it is an antique also. It is a canopy bed, dresser with mirror, night stand and a Chester draw. It is in very good condition. She also has a beautiful grand father clock, made by Ridgeway, Model # 135, Movement # E, and the finish is F/W. It stands 74 1/2 inches tall and the width is 18 inches. From front to back it is 10 inches deep. Everything works and is in excellent condition. I have pictures also. I have got to put all this in storage or sale it. I am having the completion of an double mastectomy on the 27th of Oct. I have got to have her stuff moved out of her apartment by the 25. She needs all the money she can get just to stay alive. She will run out of her normal money in 7 months. Can you tell me what all of this is worth and how do I go about saleing it ?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
10/6/2017
Musical Instrument Appraiser: twinb1201, Appraiser, Researcher replied 10 months ago
twinb1201
twinb1201, Appraiser, Researcher

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help. I've been an appraiser for 28 years, and am the President of the Association of Online Appraisers.

Very sorry to hear about your medical situation!

I need a little more information from you. Let's start with photos. Please upload them at your convenience. If you need help, I can help.

Also, has the piano been regularly tuned? Has it had any internal restoration? Is it an upright or a grand?

Have you requested a phone call? I usually don't do them because they add an extra charge to your bill and I can answer your question right here at no additional charge. Also, it's difficult to research and speak with you at the same time. Do you still want a phone call?