Musical Instrument Appraisal

Connect one-on-one with a verified musical instrument appraiser who will answer your question

jennem22
jennem22
jennem22, Appraiser

More related answers
All musical instrument appraisers are VERIFIED
Trying to get an appraisal on a violin that is well over a
twinb1201
twinb1201, Appraiser, Researcher
trying to get an appraisal on a violin that is well over a hundred years old. Writing on it Vuillaume 2 Paris Rue Croix des Petites Camps 46 Dresdens 2 … read more
I have a anonius stradiuarius cramonensis faciebat anno 1779
twinb1201
twinb1201, Appraiser, Researcher
I have a anonius stradiuarius cramonensis faciebat anno 1779 then a circle inside a circle upside down t above A-S inside inercircle … read more
Have aastrata. How can violin I be sure, I inherited it from
twinb1201
twinb1201, Appraiser, Researcher
I inherited it from my mother. He father played and came from Germany. The markings look exact to me … read more
1867 Louis joseph Germain. What is it's value, It was my
twinb1201
twinb1201, Appraiser, Researcher
It was my father's violinand he was a concert violinist … read more
What is approximate value of an Andrea Postacchini violin,
twinb1201
twinb1201, Appraiser, Researcher
What is approximate value of an Andrea Postacchini violin, made in 1835, with original label, in good condition? This instrument has been owned and played by a professional performer for the past 50 y… read more
printed inside of my old violin is the following: Antonius
twinb1201
twinb1201, Appraiser, Researcher
printed inside of my old violin is the following: Antonius Stradiuauis Cremeneius, Faciebet Anno 17%, made in Germany. The case it is in has the following: Trademark registered-July 1893. There are tw… read more
violin from 1880s in excellent condition . Is a knockoff
twinb1201
twinb1201, Appraiser, Researcher
violin from 1880's in excellent condition . Is a knockoff of a Amati style violin and actually has inscripted on upper back the name Amati. There was some neck work done on instrument. Trying to get a… read more
I have a 3/4 size violin my Father bought for me in 1959 and
Kim D., Antique Expert
I have a 3/4 size violin my Father bought for me in 1959 and paid $165. for it. Just wondering what it might be worth today. The label says Carlo Micelli. Anno 1922. Thank you so very much!… read more
I was given a violin in 1980 that was placed in a display case
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
I was given a violin in 1980 that was placed in a display case by my grand uncle. My uncle lived in New York City and was a collector. When he passed away the violin was passed to me. I don't much abo… read more
I have a violin that has been passed down through my family.
twinb1201
twinb1201, Appraiser, Researcher
I have a violin that has been passed down through my family. The writing on the inside says: Jacobus Stainer in Absam prope Oeniponttam 1653. The condition of the violin needs some attaention, the hor… read more
My family owns a violin that has the original violin certificate
twinb1201
twinb1201, Appraiser, Researcher
My family owns a violin that has the original violin certificate when it was purchased from the Lyon & Healy Corporation in Chicago in 1924. It is dated as being made around 1800 in Germany. The top i… read more
My father played for the Milwaukee Symphony for many years.
Appraiser Alan AOA C
Appraiser Alan AOA C, Certified & Licensed Adjuster/ Appraiser
My father played for the Milwaukee Symphony for many years. (He is 89) i recently looked at his violin-it is dated 1743, made in Italy. The instrument is in mint condition. The bow is made of olive wo… read more
My wife has become owner of a violin that was found under her
twinb1201
twinb1201, Appraiser, Researcher
My wife has become owner of a violin that was found under her mothers bed after her passing in 2007. It had black crusty stuff on the top. We were told it was old rosin. My wife has no idea where the … read more
Hi I have a violin labled Lavrentius Guadagnini pater & aluminus
twinb1201
twinb1201, Appraiser, Researcher
Hi I have a violin labled Lavrentius Guadagnini pater & aluminus Antonj Straduarj fecit Placentie anon 1744 with a stamped pattern suround. It has a bit of age on it but it is hard to tell exactly how… read more
Hi, I have a violin labelled Fernando Sacconi fece Roma 1925
twinb1201
twinb1201, Appraiser, Researcher
Hi, I have a violin labelled Fernando Sacconi fece Roma 1925 (or 1926, the final digit is not clear). How likely is it that this is not a genuine Sacconi? I gather he didn't make many instruments, and… read more
We have a violin, fiddle or viola. It has been passed down
twinb1201
twinb1201, Appraiser, Researcher
We have a violin, fiddle or viola. It has been passed down through the family. In the late 50's when my husband was taking music classes in school the teacher told his parents that the " violin" was w… read more
Tommy Tuckers Violin. The band leader of the thirties and
Appraiser Alan AOA C
Tommy Tuckers Violin. The band leader of the thirties and forties. It is slightly longer and has a grafted neck. Easy fingerboard. Tommy carved a "TT" on the top. Have pictures. It has been in his fam… read more
What kind of value does an Antonius Stradiuvrius Cremonenlis
Appraiser Alan AOA C
What kind of value does an Antonius Stradiuvrius Cremonenlis Faciebat Anno 1732 have. My father was the first one born here in the States. His family came from Stuttgart, Germany. I also have a second… read more