Musical Instrument Appraisal

Get musical instrument appraisals from Experts

I have a 1880s shefield symphony A zither. I was wandering…

Customer Question
I have a 1880s...

I have a 1880s shefield symphony A zither. I was wandering the value

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

That's all I know.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Musical Instrument Appraiser should know?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
9/25/2017
Musical Instrument Appraiser: Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser replied 9 months ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser

Hello

Can you send a picture of this or tell me what it looks like?

Glenda

I sent a picture. Did u get it?
Musical Instrument Appraiser: Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser replied 8 months ago

No where did you send it?

.

You need to send them in one of these ways.

If your message box has a blue box that says "attach file" or a paper clip icon you can use that to upload photos. If not then Click the link: for instructions on uploading images
.
ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl
.

If your pictures are on a phone, plug the phone into the computer, then you can upload to the site right from the phone, the phone will be treated as a removable drive.
.

Or you can send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
.
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.
.
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.
.
Glenda

Thank you for the pictures.

.

This is your answer, please read entirely.
.
The 1880's Sheffield Symphony A Zither has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $400.00-450.00 if sold at an auction(a local auction ) it would sell for a little less,at around $300.00-325.00, if this were sold in a High End Shop in a larger city it would sell for $450.00 and up depending on the condition. If I were selling it I would list it for $450.00
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you need values for. Just send to "Glenda Only" I would be happy to help.
.
Glenda,
.
Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. This is the only way we get compensated for our work.They should be located top left of the page. Or you may see review expert or rate expert.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going.
.
Let me know if you still need help with this question. I strive to answer any and all questions a customer might have in order for you to have a enjoyable experience with me as an appraiser.
.
Rating the appraiser for answering your question has no cost to you, so please take a moment to rate this answer. This is the only way we get compensated by the site for our work. At no cost to you the customer.

This may be clicking the stars, rate expert or review expert.
.
If you using a mobile phone: scroll to the top of the page then click on Finish Rating, then click on the stars!

A rating is appreciated
Thank you
Glenda
.