Musical Instrument Appraisal

Get musical instrument appraisals from Experts

What is the appraised value of an Alvarez RD guitar model…

what is the appraised value...
what is the appraised value of an Alvarez RD guitar model SBU with sunburst finish
9/23/2017
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser

Hello

The Alvarez RD guitar model SBU has a current value of $1***-**-****.00. Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you need values for. Just send to "Glenda Only" I would be happy to help.
.
Glenda,
.
Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. This is the only way we get compensated for our work.They should be located top left of the page. Or you may see review expert or rate expert.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Glenda B.
It is a RD-30. if that changes anything. On the Gibson they show 1965 and 1967 as possible years . Yet I heard that all 1967 have a zero in front. I am assuming they are referring to the ES-330.
Is the appraisal the same for the Alvarez RD-30? I believe the Gibson to be a 1965 from memory but i bought it used in 1971.

Yes they are the same. The Gibson is 1965.