Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

1944 Steinway finish spinet model $ 40 serial #311603, good

1944 Steinway ebony finish spinet model $ 40 serial #311603, good condition. Approximate value?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I don't understand your message. I am asking for approximate value?
JA: Is there anything else the Musical Instrument Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: Like what?
Thanks for your question. I’m assuming based on your description of good condition that the piano is regularly tuned. Steinway didn’t make spinets for long since the small size resulted in a less than desirable sound quality.
That in itself causes some value reduction as does the very old age, even though this is a Steinway.
In the current used market and based on your description, I would recommend a selling range of approximately $900-$1,400. Best wishes!
Please select a rating before leaving—I aim for five stars! This is how the website credits me, an independent appraiser, for completing this for you. Thanks!