Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

Thank you very much. I think that is what I need. My Kimbal

Thank you very much. I think that is what I need. My Kimbal is from 1942 I believe. Pretty good sound and in good shape. I use it often to accompany my flute students.
I will probably donate the Steinway.
Hi, did you want me to appraise the Kimball too? If so, could you describe condition and provide the serial?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
that would be great. Serial # is 414262. It is in very good condition. In tune, nice action. 4 foot grand. Pictures not great due to location of piano. Can't get a photo angle.

Thanks for the photos!

Your Kimball is actually from 1936 based on that serial number. Considering the age, it appears to be in pretty good shape. I'm glad you keep it tuned up as that helps prolong a piano's life and identify any potential problems early.

As mentioned before, a Kimball is not as good as a Steinway, but the earlier model Kimball will be of better quality than one after 1950. There are other advantages to the baby grand--the sound quality and ability to see someone while accompanying.

Based on your photos and description, I would suggest a current value for this piano at approximately $2,200-$2,800. Best wishes!

Please select a rating before leaving--I aim for five stars! This is how the website credits me, an independent appraiser, for completing this for you. Thank you!