Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

We have a Steinway 1942 piano Hepplewhite or an early

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Hi,
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: We have a Steinway 1942 piano Hepplewhite or an early American # 313105, do you happen to know which one it is?
JA: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: It is a model P. The type used for army entertaining.
JA: Is there anything else the Musical Instrument Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: In very good condition, no scratches or else to the wood and was tuned just last month.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
what is the possible value in todays market. Is there demand for it in the west coast.. Recommend a dealer that would buy it.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks for your question! I’m happy to help though we only do appraising, I can not recommend a dealer. Would you like me to continue?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK

Thanks for your reply. Sorry, but I do not place phone calls--I feel you are better served by an online answer. I'm working on this for you now.

I'm glad to hear of the excellent condition you describe this in. The piano appears to be in good condition based on age, though I am not able to see the inside so I cannot comment about the mechanical condition. Steinway pianos do very well on the used piano market, and even though this piano is 75 years old, it should still have a strong value. This is an interesting model and is different in color and style than you will commonly find. I think in this case it will add some value, but only because it is a Steinway.

Based on your description of this, the photos, depreciation over time and the used piano market, I would recommend a selling range of approximately $2,400-$3,200 in a private sale. Best wishes!

Please select a rating before leaving--I aim for five stars! This is how the website credits me, an independent appraiser, for completing this for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thanks