John,  CT ABRSM
John, CT ABRSM, Piano Teacher CT ABRSM.
Experience:  Certificate of Music Teaching. Musical Instrument Appraiser. Qualified Technician. Qualified Piano Tuner. Experienced in Buying, Selling, Restoring and Valuing Pianos for more than 20 years.
62809984

Baldwin Hamilton Sr#278516, How much is it? no

Baldwin Hamilton Sr#278516
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: How much is it?
JA: Is there anything else the Musical Instrument Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: no

Thanks for your question. My name is***** to JustAnswer and it will be my pleasure to help you.

I am assuming that this is an upright piano, is that correct? If so, what is the full height measured from the floor to the top of the closed top lid please?

Has your piano been regularly tuned and maintained?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It's an upright piano and 45 inches hight. Actually we have just bought it at a piano store so I think they have maintained it well,tuning also, I hope.

Are you looking for a value for insurance purposes or for selling on?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Neither of them. I just wanted to know how much it worths.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Because we have just moved in the US so we don't know much about the rate of "vintage piano" like that I have now.

Thank you for the information.

From this maker’s records the serial number you have listed gives a build year of 1972, so this instrument is in the order of 45 years old.

Generally pianos have a life span of around 60 years mainly due to the wear during use and natural deterioration of the mechanical parts over time, such as the action, the strings, the soundboard, the tuning pins, the pin block, etc. Whilst the outside casework condition, and style can have an influence on the value particularly when selling, the overriding factors in any appraisal valuation is the type, standard and age of the internal mechanics.

At 45 inches high it is classed as a Studio Piano.

Therefore based on the information I have, plus that which you have provided, I believe your 1972 Baldwin Hamilton Studio Upright Piano has a value of $1,700 to $2,200 in terms of a private sale.

I work as an independent qualified expert and spend a considerable amount of time working on questions and responding to Customers. I do not set the values of musical instruments, I report on values generally in the industry, values I have found on similar instruments, taking into account condition and rarity together with my expertise and years of experience. I complete research through my own extensive records, books and other sources to which, as a professional, I have access and I often have to pay for important information in order to complete these appraisals. Therefore may I now ask you to please click on the star rating system at the top of the question to rate my work as an expert (this is not a rating on the value I have given) to complete the process, which means that I receive a percentage payment based on the amount you agreed when you first posted this question. I strive to give a 5 star service. If you need any more help or explanations, I am very happy to continue our discussion on here. Many thanks.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you so much John.
Thanks to you, now I got everything I wanted to know. Ofcourse I will give you 5stars!

Hello again, just a note to say thank you for your payment and positive rating. It was a pleasure to help you. If I can be of further assistance to you or your friends and/or colleagues in the future just put my name, John, at the start of the question and it will come to me. I will now close this question. John