Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

Melodibrand cameo spinet piano

Melodibrand cameo spinet piano

Hi, thank you for your question! I have completed thousands of musical instrument appraisals and will be happy to help with yours.

Do you mean "Melodigrand"? How old is it? When was it last tuned and what condition is it in?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
melodigrand. It was probebly purchased in the 1960's. it was last tuned 10 years ago
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Condition fair

Thanks for the information. Spinet pianos were common between 1930 and about 1990. They were the smallest type of upright piano built and featured shorter strings, a small soundboard and a drop key action, all of which made them less desirable than taller uprights. Bass response was particularly lacking simply due to the short strings in the bass end. These pianos are no longer produced since most companies opt for a slightly larger console sized model as their entry level piano.

In regard to yours, those factors are important, but age and maker are also a major consideration. All pianos decline in condition as they age and valued therefore depreciates accordingly. Based on these things, I would recommend your piano have a value today of approximately $400-$650 in the fair condition you describe. Final price would be determined by actual condition and local selling market. Best wishes!

Please select a rating before leaving--I aim for five stars! This is how the website credits me, an independent appraiser, for completing this for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you
Glad to help! Please be sure to select a rating so I am credited for completing this for you. Thanks!