Musical Instrument Appraisal

Get musical instrument appraisals from Experts

I have an ovation elite 12 string model 1758 what is it

Customer Question
I have an ovation...

I have an ovation elite 12 string model 1758 what is it worth

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

This is a deep bowl Glen Campbell 12 string

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Musical Instrument Appraiser should be aware of?

The guitar is a sunburst color with round holes at the top of the body with leaves in colors also at top of body . The tuners are in gold.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/9/2017
Musical Instrument Appraiser: Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser replied 11 months ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser

Hi, my name is Glenda,

This is your answer, please read before rating.

Policy: Rating for the Appraiser is for the professionalism of the Appraiser, it is not for the value of the item (Appraisers have no control over values, we do not set values. We simply report them.) It is not for any issues due to the site policy or procedures. Appraisers do not work for the site, we are independent working for ourselves, ratings allow us to continue to work on the site answering customers questions.
.
The Ovation 1758 Elite 12-String has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $1***-**-****.00 if sold at an auction(a local auction ) it would sell for a little less,at around $***-**-****.00 , if this were sold in a High End Shop in a larger city it would sell for $1200.00 and up depending on the condition. If I were selling it I would list it for $1500.00
.

Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you need values for. Just send to "Glenda Only" I would be happy to help.
.
Glenda,
.
Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. This is the only way we get credit for our work.They should be located top left of the page. Or you may see review expert or rate expert.
.

If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Hi

Is there a reason you are not rating this, if so I would be happy to address any issue. This is the only way we are compensated by the site for our work. I am happy to address any issue you might have.

Glenda