Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

Cable console piano about 25 yrs old. Well maintained always

Customer Question

Cable Nelson console piano about 25 yrs old. Well maintained always kept in srable temperatures and tuned regularly
JA: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Confusing! Would like an approximate value to place on the Cable Nelson
JA: Is there anything else the Musical Instrument Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: No. I'm only selling because I can't play anymore because of arthritis and am planning to sell my house and go to assisted living.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 1 month ago.
Thanks for your question!
It sounds like you have a piano that would do well on the used market. Cable-Nelson pianos were average in quality and price and the console model was a little shorter than a standard upright. Those factors will price it slightly lower.
Based on your description of the piano and its age, I would recommend a used value of approximately $800-$1,100 in a private sale. Best wishes!
Please select a rating before leaving--I aim for five stars! This is how the website credits me, an independent appraiser, for completing this for you. Thank you!