Musical Instrument Appraisal

Get musical instrument appraisals from Experts

I have a Buffet Crampon. Based on my research it was made in…

Customer Question
I have a Buffet Crampon...
I have a Buffet Crampon. Based on my research it was made in 1969. The serial number is ***** I'm trying to verify the year, determine the model, and find an approximate value.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
9/7/2017
Musical Instrument Appraiser: jennem22, Appraiser replied 8 months ago
jennem22
jennem22, Appraiser

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

Is it possible to upload photos of the item, including any and all marks?

If you don’t have photos, I can do my best without them—just let me know—but it’s more accurate with photos.

There should be a +ADD FILES feature next to our Send button.

If not, then there is a paperclip above the reply box that you click to attach photos.

The photos won’t upload unless you also have at least one word in the text box! You won’t see the attached photo along with the text before you post it, but you will see the paperclip or attach button turn green.

I look forward to working with you.

Sincerely, Jennifer

Thanks. Give me some time to research for you.

Jennifer

I added several. Please just let me know if you need any more
20170906_203320.jpg2017090...jpg20170906_203340.jpg2017090...jpg20170906_212722.jpg2017090...jpg20170906_212509.jpg2017090...jpg

Thanks for your patience.

Yes, this is a 1969 Evette & Schaeffer Buffet Crampon clarinet, made in Germany, with fitted case.

The current value would be $150 - $300, depending on playing condition.

If you have additional questions about this item, I am happy to continue working with you. Just continue our discussion in the reply box.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you, please rate my answer. I am not paid by the site until you do. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer, and I will continue to be available if you have more questions on the item. Thank you.

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars. I always strive for 5 star service, but please rate as you feel is appropriate. However, if you are considering a low rating, please try to give me the opportunity to improve my service to you first!

If you’d like to request me for future questions, please put " for Jennifer only" in your post. I respond to requested questions first.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

It clearly says it was made in France which is what I found in my own research... you tell me how you determine it was made in Germany?

My apologies. Clarinet production was moved to Germany, but not until the 1970s. Yours was indeed a Paris-made model.

does that affect the value? And were you able to determine the model? Is it an R13?

The model numbers for Buffet Crampon pieces are a bit iffy, as there were so many variations.

I don't believe this is an R13, but I'm going to opt out and let another appraiser weigh in.

Okay... thanks for your help in confirming my info.
jennem22
jennem22
jennem22, Appraiser