Musical Instrument Appraisal

Get musical instrument appraisals from Experts

I have a black Kawai KG-2D piano. Could you tell me the

I have a black Kawai...
I have a black Kawai KG-2D piano. Could you tell me the value as I need to sell this piano as we are moving?
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/23/2017
Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Hi, what is the serial number?
I don't know - where do I find it. I'm a realtor and trying to find the value for a client with this piano to possibly sell when selling the home.
After I find all the information you need to give me a value, I may want to have a phone conversation but right now I need to know what information you need to get me the best estimated value and price for this piano. It is in excellent shape. No scratches anywhere. Very well taken care of.
No problem. The site offers a phone call which you can ignore. The serial should be inside near the tuning pins and close to the model number.
It will be at least 10 minutes or so before I can get the #. Is that OK?
that's fine.

Thank you--I'm completing this now!

In checking into this piano, I found yours was built in 1985. Kawai is a well respected Asian piano company and has been for many years. Their quality is comparable to that of Yamaha, though pricing is usually a bit more competitive.

The KG-2D is 1 5'10" grand piano. This model is no longer made, though Kawai made the RX2 and now GX2 that are comparable. For pricing, the new GX2 would sell in the low 30's. Considering this piano's age of 32 years, there is a significant amount of depreciation to weigh. I'm glad to hear of the excellent condition of this piano which will put it at the higher end of value.

Based on all of these factors and considering the used piano market, I would recommend a selling range today of approximately $10,200-$11,800. This range would be for a private sale. If selling to a dealer, they would offer only around half of this value. This is a popular model at about midway through its life, and should do well on the used market. Best wishes!
Please select a rating before leaving--I aim for five stars! This is how the website credits me, an independent appraiser, for completing this for you. Thank you!

Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser