Musical Instrument Appraisal

Get musical instrument appraisals from Experts

Kimball serial #R04577, model 43S3. What year is it and how…

Kimball serial #R04577, model 43S3...
Kimball serial #R04577, model 43S3. What year is it and how much is it worth? Excellent condition all keys work and has been in a temperature controlled home. No basement or garage storage. Just needs a tune up.
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/22/2017
John,  CT ABRSM
John, CT ABRSM, Piano Teacher CT ABRSM.
Experience: Certificate of Music Teaching. Musical Instrument Appraiser. Qualified Technician. Qualified Piano Tuner. Experienced in Buying, Selling, Restoring and Valuing Pianos for more than 20 years.

Thanks for your question. Welcome to JustAnswer, it will be my pleasure to help you. My name is***** can work on this for you now with a little more information.

Approximately when was your piano last tuned?

Can you confirm the full height measured from the floor to the top of the closed top lid please?

43 inches and 20 years
i have taking a picture with my phone of the piano. would you like to see it?

Hello Marie. Thank you for your patience.

Please attach the picture on here using the +Add button or the paperclip on the menu bar in the reply section, that would be very helpful.

I see you have opted for a Live Phone Call, I cannot do that but I can continue and complete the appraisal on here for you, which will be cheaper, if you wish.

call is not necessary. I do have to leave at 3pm for doctor appointment

Thanks for the pictures.

The serial number dates your piano to 1991, so it 26 years old and thus will have some depreciation due to age and usage.

Pianos which are not regularly tuned, even though they are not played much, if at all, can be at a disadvantage when selling because they may need a number of tunings over a few months to get them back into shape and to ensure the stability of the tuning.

At 43 inches high this is classed as a Console Piano.

Based on the information I have and that which you have provided, your Kimball Console Piano has a value in the $800 to $1,200 range for a private sale. However as there are a good many similar pianos always for sale you may only receive offers lower then this range.

I work as an independent qualified expert and spend a considerable amount of time working on questions and responding to Customers. I do not set the values of musical instruments, I report on values generally in the industry, values I have found on similar instruments, taking into account condition and rarity together with my expertise and years of experience. I complete research through my own extensive records, books and other sources to which, as a professional, I have access and I often have to pay for important information in order to complete these appraisals. Therefore may I now ask you to please click on the star rating system at the top of the question to rate my work as an expert (this is not a rating on the value I have given) to complete the process, which means that I receive a percentage payment based on the amount you agreed when you first posted this question. I strive to give a 5 star service. If you need any more help or explanations, I am very happy to continue our discussion on here. Many thanks.

John,  CT ABRSM
John, CT ABRSM, Piano Teacher CT ABRSM.

Hello again, just a note to say thank you for your payment, the very welcome bonus and positive rating. It was a pleasure to help you. I hope I can be of further assistance to you or your friends and/or colleagues in the future, just put my name, John, at the start of the question and it will come to me. I will now close this question. Best regards. John

John,  CT ABRSM
John,  CT ABRSM
John, CT ABRSM, Piano Teacher CT ABRSM.