Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

I have a schaaf baby grand in good, condition that is at

I have a Adam schaaf baby grand in good
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: condition that is at least 50 years old how do I get a appraissl
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Musical Instrument Appraiser should know?
Customer: It needs to be tuned is dark mahogany and has the original bench

Hi, thank you for your question! I have completed thousands of musical instrument appraisals and will be happy to help with yours.

Can you tell me how often it is tuned?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It has not been tuned in 10 years but was never moved either
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No im in a meeting so can't right now

Nevermind the call offer, we can continue without. I'm looking into this now.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok thank u
Thanks for your patience!
In addition to evaluating maker and size, it is important to consider age and maintenance history. Pianos have an average lifespan of 70 years before mechanical refurbishment is recommended, so this piano is close to that period. Annual tuning is preferred and highly recommended in older pianos in order to keep an instrument in top shape.
Based on your description of the piano and considering the used piano market, I would recommend a selling range today of approximately $3,000-$3,800 in a private sale. Final price would be determined by actual condition and local market. Best wishes!
Please select a rating before leaving--I aim for five stars! This is how the website credits me for working with you today. Thank you!