Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

Hohner Imerial III M 111 Bass Piano Accordion Mint, Bought

Hohner Imerial III M 111 Bass Piano Accordion Mint
JA: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Bought for me about 1955. Still like new condition with case (good shape).
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Musical Instrument Appraiser should know?
Customer: Again, still in "like new" condition. Would like fair sale to good home.

Hi, my name is Glenda,

This is your answer, please read before rating.

Policy: Rating for the Appraiser is for the professionalism of the Appraiser, it is not for the value of the item (Appraisers have no control over values, we do not set values. We simply report them.) It is not for any issues due to the site policy or procedures. Appraisers do not work for the site, we are independent working for ourselves, ratings allow us to continue to work on the site answering customers questions.
.
The Hohner Imerial III M 111 Bass Piano Accordion has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $1***-**-****.00 if sold at an auction(a local auction ) it would sell for a little less,at around $1***-**-****.00 , if this were sold in a High End Shop in a larger city it would sell for $1650.00 and up depending on the condition. If I were selling it I would list it for $1650.00
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you need values for. Just send to "Glenda Only" I would be happy to help.
.
Glenda,
.
Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. This is the only way we get credit for our work.They should be located top left of the page. Or you may see review expert or rate expert.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for being so prompt. Info provided quite helpful, but will have to consider resource selection. Relocated some years ago to remote area of Texas from California. Other than pursuing online, will probably have to go forward area of Dallas. Any further help/advice in buyer research gratefully accepted.

Hello

I would not sell this to a dealer, they will no pay you what this is worth, they will only pay about 40% of what it is worth. They have to resell so they try to keep buying cost down. I would list this for sale on Ebay, Etsy or Amazon market , they all have a very large community of shoppers.

.

.
Glenda,
.
.
.

Excuse that last reply, the latter part of it was not suppose to be there.

Sorry,

Glenda

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks again for the advice. After watching "Pawn Stars" I can appreciate the song and dance about resale, etc. Guess will have to continue to step out in faith. Will close, but hope to follow-up in securing a positive response. - M.Reynolds

You are very welcome.