Musical Instrument Appraisal

Get musical instrument appraisals from Experts

Please. I just bought a 1950-ish Weber baby grand from an…

Please. I just...

Please. I just bought a 1950-ish Weber baby grand from an estate and I am wondering what it is worth

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

It looks like it is in relatively good condition...needs tuning of course. Original bench with it and a weber metronome, too!

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Musical Instrument Appraiser should know?

Part of the lid of the piano looks like it was in the sun, so it looks a little worn in only that place. The rest of the finish is nice. Serial number is *****

8/20/2017
Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser

Hi, thank you for your question! I have completed thousands of musical instrument appraisals and will be happy to help with yours.

OK. thank you!

Your piano was built in 1953 based on the serial provided. There were two "Weber" brands, and this one was located in NY (the other in Canada). The age and sun damage will cause the most value depreciation in this case. All pianos decline in value as they age and their parts wear. Considering an average lifespan of about 70 years, this piano would be quite near to possibly needing some mechanical refurbishment. If it was used lightly and maintained well (tuning and such) then it may not need any mechanical work.

Based on your description of the piano and considering depreciation in the used piano market, I would recommend a current value of approximately $2,800-$3,700 USD. Best wishes!
Please select a rating before leaving--I aim for five stars! This is how the website credits me, an independent appraiser, for completing this for you. Thank you!

Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser