Musical Instrument Appraisal

Get musical instrument appraisals from Experts

I have a Thumb by Milton Piano Co. It is painted in a red…

Customer Question
I have a Tom...

I have a Tom Thumb by Milton Piano Co. It is painted in a red oriental style' it seems old. It is is very fine condition. It has 34 white keys, I b liege Ivory and 24 black keys. I also have the original bench. The colors are still very vibrant. I was hoping for a more information and current value on smy ch a piece.

Expert's Assistant: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Is there anything else important you think the Musical Instrument Appraiser should know?

I have explained just about all I have. I d have pictures as well. I inherited it from my great Aunt who has had it in believe since the 1930's or sooner

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
8/6/2017
Musical Instrument Appraiser: John, CT ABRSM, Piano Teacher CT ABRSM. replied 1 year ago
John,  CT ABRSM
John, CT ABRSM, Piano Teacher CT ABRSM.
Experience: Certificate of Music Teaching. Musical Instrument Appraiser. Qualified Technician. Qualified Piano Tuner. Experienced in Buying, Selling, Restoring and Valuing Pianos for more than 20 years.

Thanks for your question. My name is John. Welcome to JustAnswer, it will be my pleasure to help you. I can work on this for you with just a little more information please.

Do you have a serial number? If you need to know where to find the Serial number please have a look at this website which should help:- www.pianoatlas.com/serial.html
Piano manufacturers place serial numbers in a variety of places. Pianos often have numbers other than serial numbers, such as case, part numbers and Patent numbers but this does not give the detailed information needed for individual pianos. Try this site and it should open showing you the places to find the right Serial number which should allow me to correctly date your piano.

Has your piano been regularly tuned and maintained?

Have any of the internal mechanics been replaced or restored over the years or is it all still as originally built?

Also if you have any pictures, particularly of the internal mechanics which you could attach on here using the paperclip or the +Add button on the menu bar in the reply section, that would be very helpful.