Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

What is a peek and sons opera piano. Upright grand worth?

Customer Question

What is a peek and sons opera piano. Upright grand worth? Serial number 12727
JA: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: That's all I know.
JA: Is there anything else the Musical Instrument Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: It need some tlc
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  John, CT ABRSM replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for your question. My name is John. Welcome to JustAnswer, it will be my pleasure to help you. I can work on this for you with just a little more information.

Approximately when was your piano last tuned?

What is the full height of your piano measured from the floor to the top of the closed top lid please?

You mentioned that it needs some tlc, do you know if any of the internal mechanics may have been replaced or restored in the past or is it all still as originally built?