Musical Instrument Appraisal

Get musical instrument appraisals from Experts

What is a peek and sons opera piano. Upright grand worth?

Customer Question
What is a peek...

What is a peek and sons opera piano. Upright grand worth? Serial number 12727

Expert's Assistant: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

That's all I know.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Musical Instrument Appraiser should be aware of?

It need some tlc

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
8/6/2017
Musical Instrument Appraiser: John, CT ABRSM, Piano Teacher CT ABRSM. replied 11 months ago
John,  CT ABRSM
John, CT ABRSM, Piano Teacher CT ABRSM.
Experience: Certificate of Music Teaching. Musical Instrument Appraiser. Qualified Technician. Qualified Piano Tuner. Experienced in Buying, Selling, Restoring and Valuing Pianos for more than 20 years.

Thanks for your question. My name is John. Welcome to JustAnswer, it will be my pleasure to help you. I can work on this for you with just a little more information.

Approximately when was your piano last tuned?

What is the full height of your piano measured from the floor to the top of the closed top lid please?

You mentioned that it needs some tlc, do you know if any of the internal mechanics may have been replaced or restored in the past or is it all still as originally built?