Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

My daughter would like to sell her three guitars and needs

Customer Question

Hi! My daughter would like to sell her three guitars and needs to know the value and how best to sell them. They are:
JA: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Gibson SGS-HCCH1, and Guild F-30 acoustic, and Ovation Dobro (custom). Please give us an idea of value and how to sell them. Many thanks. *****: Is there anything else the Musical Instrument Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: Very good condition with cases.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is Glenda,
.
This is your answer please read entirely. Please rate after reading, thanks
.
I have been an Appraiser for over 45 years. I have also been an Antique shop owner, buying and selling on the current market.
.
The Gibson SGS-HCCH1 has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $800.00-950.00, Guild F-30 acoustic -$ 1***-**-****.00, Ovation Dobro (custom)-$1***-**-****.00
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! I would suggest listing on Ebay they have the largest shopping market
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you need values for. Just send to "Glenda Only" I would be happy to help.
.
Glenda,
.
Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. This is the only way we get credit for our work.They should be located top right of the page.( scroll all the way back to the top of page ) Or you may see review expert or rate expert, you can click on that. This is the only way I get credit for my work.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.