Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

I have a Haddorff upright (NOT grand) great condition,

Customer Question

I have a Haddorff upright (NOT grand) great condition, serial number 117175. Nat Piano Manuf Assn #A50128. I cannot locate online - the serial number does not fit into the Haddorff range of numbers when i search. Do you know about how old it would be and what it would be worth?
JA: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Is there anything else the Musical Instrument Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: Nothing else that I am aware of comes with bench
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  John, CT ABRSM replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for your question. Welcome to JustAnswer, it will be my pleasure to help you. My name is***** can work on this for you now with a little more information.

The maker's records show that your piano was built in 1936. What is the full height of your piano measured from the floor to the top of the closed top lid please?

Has your piano been regularly tuned and maintained?

Have any of the internal mechanics been replaced or restored over the years or is it all still as originally built?

Hello again. I am following up to see if you need any further help on this question? If you would like me to complete the work I have started for you and continue with the appraisal to give you a valuation please let me know. Thank you. John.