Musical Instrument Appraisal

Get musical instrument appraisals from Experts

Second opinion] I have a cable piano serial no.390369 finish…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I have...

Second opinion] I have a cable piano serial no.390369 finish is still good but not perfect and it has a bench didn't check to see if it's also a cable product

Expert's Assistant: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Did i not type in this box?

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Musical Instrument Appraiser should be aware of?

Ok I did

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Answered in 6 days by:
8/10/2017
Musical Instrument Appraiser: jennem22, Appraiser replied 11 months ago
jennem22
jennem22, Appraiser

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

Is this a grand, baby grand, or upright?

Jennifer

I guess an upright what is the difference it's what you would find in music class in jr. High

This piano dates to 1966.

The difference is that grand, and baby grand, pianos do retain value over time. They continue to be desirable, as they are much higher quality instruments.

Uprights from the mid 20th century, on the other hand, have extremely low resale values.

At most, this would have a resale value of $500, but it may be difficult to get even that much. I'm sorry I don't have better news about value.

If you have additional questions about this item, I am happy to continue working with you. Just continue our discussion in the reply box.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you, please rate my answer. I am not paid by the site until you do. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer, and I will continue to be available if you have more questions on the item. Thank you.

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars. I always strive for 5 star service, but please rate as you feel is appropriate. However, if you are considering a low rating, please try to give me the opportunity to improve my service to you first!

If you’d like to request me for future questions, please put " for Jennifer only" in your post. I respond to requested questions first.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

I see that this question remains "open." How can I help you further? I strive to always provide five-star service.

I am happy to continue to work with you until you are completely satisfied.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Jennifer how do I tell the difference between a baby grand and an upright