John,  CT ABRSM
John, CT ABRSM, Piano Teacher CT ABRSM.
Experience:  Certificate of Music Teaching. Musical Instrument Appraiser. Qualified Technician. Qualified Piano Tuner. Experienced in Buying, Selling, Restoring and Valuing Pianos for more than 20 years.
62809984

I have a change baby grand black serial number cg0000334 and

Customer Question

I have a young change baby grand black serial number cg0000334 and need a used sale estimate good shape needs tuned.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I bought it from a friend who just bought it for his high end cigar bar. went out of business and I bought it but moving and cant take it.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Musical Instrument Appraiser should know?
Customer: that's all I know .
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  John, CT ABRSM replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for your question. My name is John. Welcome to JustAnswer and it will be my pleasure to help you.

Based on the serial number you have given this piano was built in 1989 so it is some 28 years old. Thus it will have experienced some depreciation due to age and usage.

Therefore based on the information I have plus the details you have provided, I believe that in the current piano market, your Piano has a value of $4,500 to $5,000 for a private sale.

I work as an independent qualified expert and spend a considerable amount of time ‘standing by’ awaiting questions being posted on this site and then responding. I complete research through my own extensive records, books and other sources to which, as a professional, I have access and I often have to pay for important information in order to complete these appraisals. Thus if you do not accept the answer with at least 3 stars rating, I do not receive any credit for my time and effort. As a professional I can only give you a value based on the current markets and a reflection of similar sales. Therefore may I please ask you to now click on the star rating system Many thanks, ***** ***** need any more help or explanations I am very happy to continue our discussion on here before or after you have completed the rating.

Hello again. It looks like you have not viewed my answer to your question - it could be that you did not receive the Email to advise you that the answer is on here waiting for you. So I am following up to see if you need any further help on this question? If you do not have any further points that need to be answered, I would be very grateful if you could please click on the Star Rating button in the REQUEST DETAILS SECTION at the top of this page. Thank you. John.