Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

I own a Huntington Upright piano that has Penny- stamped on

Customer Question

I own a Huntington Upright piano that has Penny-Owsley stamped on it's keyboard area... Where can I find the serial number? How much can I sell it for?
JA: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: It has a good solid sound.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Musical Instrument Appraiser should know?
Customer: There is a date on inside 1967
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  John, CT ABRSM replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for your question. Welcome to JustAnswer, it will be my pleasure to help you. My name is***** can work on this for you now with a little more information.

To find the Serial number please have a look at this website which should help:- www.pianoatlas.com/serial.html
Piano manufacturers place serial numbers in a variety of places. Pianos often have numbers other than serial numbers, such as case, part numbers and Patent numbers but this does not give the detailed information needed for individual pianos. Try this site and it should open showing you the places to find the right Serial number which should allow me to correctly date your piano.