Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

We have a Kohler & piano, with the word Waldorf on the front

Customer Question

We have a Kohler & Campbell piano, with the word Waldorf on the front right of the key cover, & the number 590034 inside it. We're trying to find out more about it and the potential value of it.
JA: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Is there anything else important you think the Musical Instrument Appraiser should know?
Customer: No other info.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 2 months ago.
Hi, is this an upright? If so, what's the height?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It is an upright, appx 4' high at the back. I can send a photo if there's a way to attach it
Thanks. You can attach photos here in your reply. What sort of info do you need on the piano?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We're trying to find out how old it is and the value. It's part of an estate and we have to sell it, but have no idea of the worth. I tried to attach a photo but can't.
Ok, thanks. I'm working on this now.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I believe it's maple colored (orange tone). And the area behind the books/sheet music holder looks woven like wicker
Thanks for the info!
I find this piano was built in 1966 based on company records. The name Waldorf was owned by and used by Kohler and Campbell. At 4' tall this would be a studio upright, however I caution you to measure the back to make sure. If it's less than 48", the value will be lower as price increases with size.
Based on your description of the piano, and considering depreciation overtime with age, I would recommend a selling range of approximately $800-$1,400 in a private sale. This assumes very good original condition with no mechanical problems. Best wishes!
Hi, just checking back to make sure you received my answer?