twinb1201
twinb1201, Appraiser, Researcher
Experience:  Classically trained musician with more than 20 years experience appraising musical instruments.
57035021

I have a scandalli piano accordion model.684\24 made in

Customer Question

I have a scandalli piano accordion model.684\24 made in itaiy what would its valve be please.
JA: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: scandalli model684\24 price pls
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Musical Instrument Appraiser should know?
Customer: it has 13 buttons to make sounds like the violin,organ,piccolo ets
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  twinb1201 replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help. I've been an appraiser of musical instruments for 28 years, and am the President of the Association of Online Appraisers.

In order to give you an accurate appraisal, I need to see your accordion. Please upload clear photos at your convenience. Here is some help with that:

Please see our help page for help uploading images.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

Or:

Go to http://www.imgur.com.

1. Click "Computer".
2. Double click the image you want to upload.
3. Click "Start Upload".
4. When the image appears on your screen, just copy the link from that page and paste it on this page.

If that doesn't work for you:

You can email the pictures to***@******.***, and ask them to forward the pictures to me. You must tell them the pictures are for the Antiques category, and give them your user name and mine, which is Judith-on-Antiques. It is important for you to send the email from the address with which you registered at Just Answer. If you are sending them from a phone, you must put the original email address in the text.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I cant get a photo for you

Hi again,

Nice looking horse!

Let's see what I can tell you without a picture:

There is a very wide range of values for the Scandalli accordions. Yours is a very good mid-range piano style accordion. If it is in excellent cosmetic and playing condition, the retail or replacement value is approximately AU$2,000.00 - AU$2,500.00. This is the amount for which the accordion should be insured.The fair market (private sale or auction) value, for resale as a private party is AU$800.00 to AU$1,000.00. The replacement value is higher because that is what these accordions are being priced at in music shops with guarantees of quality and condition. The fair market value is the amount that private people are actually selling the accordion for on the secondary market, as-is with no guarantees.

I do hope this helps you! Please let me know if you'd like me to explain or expand on any of the above, I would be glad to.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.
I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button), at no extra cost to you. Your positive rating is how I am credited for my work. Please click the five stars above, and then click the green button. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.
Thank you so much!

I am just checking in to see if you have any additional questions about your item?
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com; experts are verified users. Experts are only credited when and if you, the customer, leaves a favorable rating.
Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer at no additional cost to you.