twinb1201
twinb1201, Appraiser, Researcher
Experience:  Classically trained musician with more than 20 years experience appraising musical instruments.
57035021

I have a 1985 Wurlizter Omni 500 organ & am trying to

Customer Question

I have a 1985 Wurlizter Omni 500 organ & am trying to determine it's value.
JA: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: It is a one owner deliver on Christmas Eve December 24, 1985 From Pearson Music Company in Winston Salem NC.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Musical Instrument Appraiser should know?
Customer: No, just if has been played very little.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  twinb1201 replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help. I've been an appraiser of musical instruments for 28 years, and am the President of the Association of Online Appraisers.

What is the condition of this organ, both in function and appearance?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Excellent
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Everything works on it.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Appearance is like new and functions exceptionally.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sounds outstanding.

Thank you for this information.

Organs are a tough sell. It seems not many people are looking for them these days. The current market is very soft.

If it is in excellent cosmetic and working condition, the current retail (replacement or insurance) value of your organ is approximately $1,250. If you were to sell it, you could expect to get the fair market (private sale or auction) value of approximately 40% of the retail amount or $500, depending on location and actual condition.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you. Please let me know if you'd like me to explain or expand on any of the above, I would be glad to.
If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.
I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button), at no extra cost to you. Your positive rating is how I am credited for my work. Please click the five stars above, and then click the green button. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.
Thank you so much!

Expert:  twinb1201 replied 2 months ago.

I am just checking in to see if you have any additional questions about your item?
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com; experts are verified users. Experts are only credited when and if you, the customer, leaves a favorable rating.
Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer at no additional cost to you.