Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

I'm wondering what an Ivers and Pond baby grand piano would

Customer Question

I'm wondering what an Ivers and Pond baby grand piano would be worth with serial number 70854
JA: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: The owner says: Many essential parts have recently been replaced; hammers, strings, and pins are like new. The piano has the original ivory keys in great condition.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Musical Instrument Appraiser should know?
Customer: It's from 1921
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is Glenda,
.
This is your answer please read entirely. Please rate after reading thanks.
.
I have been an Appraiser for over 45 years. I have also been an Antique shop owner, buying and selling on the current market.
.
The Ivers and Pond baby grand piano circa: 1920's, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $3***-**-****.00 if sold at an auction(a local auction ) it would sell for a little less,at around $1***-**-****.00, if this were sold in a High End Shop in a larger city it would sell for $4500.00 and up depending on the condition. If I were selling it I would list it for $4000.00
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.

If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you need values for. Just send to "Glenda Only" I would be happy to help.
.
Glenda,
.
Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. This is the only way we get credit for our work.They should be located top right of the page.( scroll all the way back to the top of page ) Or you may see review expert or rate expert, you can click on that. This is the only way I get credit for my work.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Am I talking with someone now?

Yes

Why?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I thought I was paying $5. I don't want to pay more then $5.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please cancel this if you're not going to respond to me for only $5. I don't want to pay more

Hello

I am not sure I understand what you mean. Appraisers are not employees of the just answer site, we come to the site to answer questions that customers ask. Appraisers answer questions then are compensated by the site after the customer rates their answer.

I believe the offer the site makes is $5.00 deposit and the balance paid after you get an answer to your question. I do not know what that amount is because I am not an employee.

If you require a refund for the answer you got, you have to contact customer service in order to get that refund.