Wayne, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  40 yrs. buying and selling instruments.
67223111

I own an Astin-Weight 41" oiled oak console piano and wish

Customer Question

I own an Astin-Weight 41" oiled oak console piano and wish to sell it. It was purchased for about $2500 in the early 1980s. I have not idea what it is worth and it is in beautiful condition.
JA: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I own an Astin-Weight 41" oiled oak console piano and wish to sell it. I purchased it for $2500 in the early 1980s. I have no idea what it is worth and it is in beautiful condition.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Musical Instrument Appraiser should know?
Customer: I am not sure.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  jennem22 replied 3 months ago.

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

Is it possible to upload photos of the item, including any and all marks? Can you give me the serial number?

If you don’t have photos, I can do my best without them—just let me know—but it’s more accurate with photos.

There should be a +ADD FILES feature next to our Send button.

If not, then there is a paperclip above the reply box that you click to attach photos.

The photos won’t upload unless you also have at least one word in the text box! You won’t see the attached photo along with the text before you post it, but you will see the paperclip or attach button turn green.

I look forward to working with you.

Sincerely, Jennifer

Expert:  dainne-cssm replied 3 months ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. http://www.justanswer.com/musical-instrument-appraisal/ajl6g-own-astin-weight-41-oiled-oak-console-piano-wish.html. Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.
Expert:  Wayne replied 3 months ago.

My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising Musical Unstruments for over 40 years, and I can help you with this. Assuming this is in good playable condition, your piano would sell for $1000-1200 at auction and on the secondary market.

Thank you,

Please clicknon the Stars*****When you read this answer.