Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

What is the value of a, baldwin baby grand piano boughtt in

Customer Question

what is the value of a
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: baldwin baby grand piano boughtt in 1963?
JA: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Is there anything else important you think the Musical Instrument Appraiser should know?
Customer: It is in good condition. family
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 2 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer! I'm happy to help with your appraisal.
Baldwin was one of the better piano companies in America for many years. They built high quality instruments that were on the medium high side of value. The age of the piano means there will be a significant amount of depreciation in value. This occurs as any piano ages and wears mechanically and cosmetically.
Based on the age, maker, size and description of your instrument, I would recommend a private party selling price of approximately $3,000-$4,200. Best wishes!
Please select a positive rating before leaving--I aim for five stars! This is how the website credits me, an independent appraiser, for completing this for you. Thank you!

Hi, just checking back to make sure you received my answer. Did you need any more help with this? If not, please be sure to select a positive rating. This is the only way I'm credited by the website for working with you on this. Thank you!