twinb1201
twinb1201, Appraiser, Researcher
Experience:  Classically trained musician with more than 20 years experience appraising musical instruments.
57035021

I have a beautiful 1921 Ivers and Pond baby grand. How much

Customer Question

Hello I have a beautiful 1921 Ivers and Pond baby grand. How much does it go for? Original ivory keys and i think the soundboard is brand new
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: this is all I know. It sounds great and the wood is in good condition, the hammers, everything.
JA: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Is there anything else the Musical Instrument Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: no
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  twinb1201 replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

If your piano has been regularly tuned and is in fully restored condition, its current retail (replacement or insurance) value is approximately $25,000. If you were to sell it, you could expect to get the fair market (private sale or auction) value of approximately 40% of the retail amount or $10,000, depending on location and actual condition.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

If you have any further questions or problems concerning this answer, please let me know.
If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.
I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button), at no extra cost to you. Your positive rating is how I am credited for my work. Please click the five stars above, and then click the green button. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.
Thank you so much!

I am just checking in to see if you have any additional questions about your item?
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com; experts are verified users. Experts are only credited when and if you, the customer, leaves a favorable rating.
Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer at no additional cost to you.