Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  Bachelor of Arts Degree (summa cum laude); 10+ years exp.
48688175

Second opinion] I have a custom shop Fender Stratocaster

Second opinion] I have a custom shop Fender Stratocaster that I would like to get a fair market price for.I'll attach photos.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'd like to see if I can help.

.

Did you mean to ask about a second opinion?

~Diana

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
because Glenda came back with a manufacture date of the 1960's for this Strat and I know it's too new for that. The serial number begins with SE. can you see the photos?

Hi. Thanks for getting back with me. I can see your question and pictures, but I can also see where she corrected that date. I would say she likely just missed the SE part of your serial number, which, honestly, I did too at first. If you leave off the SE, then those numbers do correlate to the 60s. It's a super easy mistake to make. I probably would have done the same thing had I not read the rest of the conversation. The Custom Shop was first started during the late 1980s. Eventually I believe they farmed out production to Japan for a bit. With that SE serial number, you're likely looking at a date of about 1988 to 1989.

.

It looks to be in fantastic condition. Everything from the body to the fretboard and bridge look very well taken care of. I don't see any wear or rust on your output jack or tuning keys. It looks great.

.

I can say her value was pretty spot on. In that condition I think it would be worth about $2250 to $2500. You might be able to squeeze as much as $2750 if you can get the right buyer.

.

Keep in mind exact pricing depends on where you sell it. You'll definitely get a higher value through a private sale.
.
I would check with local music shops. Guitar Center usually does well by sellers. I've always had great luck with local/indie type of guitar shops if you don't want to try dealing with a chain like Guitar Center.

Most shops will sell on consignment and just take a percentage of your final sale, plus they'll know if anyone is looking for a guitar like yours.

You can also put out an ad in your local paper or craigslist.
.
http://www.guitarads.net/ is an online classified ad type of place for guitars.
https://reverb.com/ an online guitar site where you can buy/sell/. It's definitely worth checking out.
.
Then there is always Etsy and Ebay (though Ebay runs lower).
.

There is also craigslist. Your town might even have a facebook page dedicated to selling items (like an online garage sale). The only downside to these is you always run a risk of meeting someone that may be dangerous. If you go that route, never have them come to your house. Always meet someplace very public and never go alone. I don't generally recommend any of those options because I would hate for something to happen to you. One generally safe option is meeting up at a local police station. A lot of towns allow sellers to use their parking lots as meeting places.

.

That should give you quite a few options, but if you need anything else, don't hesitate to ask.
.

I hope this has been helpful to you. I do my best to offer you the most current values and information using the latest guides and recorded sales.
.

Please keep in mind I am only credited for my answer if you rate me positively. If you feel the need to use a lower rating which adds a negative mark to my profile or if you have any further questions about your item please feel free to reply to me and tell me what else I can do for you.
.

If you would like to use me on any further questions. Requesting me expires in just a short time. If you put my name (DianaF) in the question, that will make sure it gets to me.
.
I look forward to working with you again.
.
Have a great day.
~Diana

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you so much for your detailed explanation and suggestions! Extremely helpful.

You're very welcome. If there's anything else I can do please let me know

Best Wishes,
Diana