Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

I have a settergren. There's no BK on it and everyone seems

Customer Question

I have a settergren. There's no BK on it and everyone seems to mix settergrin (bluebookofpianos) and mine is 7403 settergren with an "s" above the settergren. Not sure what I have. Or what yearon it
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Musical Instrument Appraiser should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Wayne replied 2 months ago.

My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising Musical Instruments for over 40 years, and I can help you with this. Please tell me the measurements, and condition of your piano?

Thanks,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it's a baby grand across is 59 inches and to the back is about 58 inches. It has some cosmetic wear. Brass isn't so shiny, etc. However the pinblock is good/not cracked, but there is some "filth" around pins. Dark staining on block around pins, but there has not been replacement of pins: they are all identical.
Strings aren't shiny, but not corroded.
The piano is tuned.
There's a little regulation that needs to be done (all dampers move together, but a couple aren't inline with rest in the bass).
Underneath the piano, the ribs are attached to soundboard, however, the soundboard has a crack, someone at sometime, screwed in the rib too tightly. The crack runs straight from the nut of the screw to another. Probably less than 10 inches, from one rib to the other.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi can you tell me about my piano brand? And appraisal?