twinb1201
twinb1201, Appraiser, Researcher
Experience:  Classically trained musician with more than 20 years experience appraising musical instruments.
57035021

In 1946, purchased new, Triple gold plated, Conn 22-, mother

Customer Question

In 1946, purchased new, Triple gold plated, Conn 22-B, mother of Pearl valve tips. Immaculate condition. Ray **** **********@***.***

Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  twinb1201 replied 4 months ago.

Hello Ray,

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

Has this trumpet had any restoration?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No. It is in perfect condition. I am the only owner and user of this beautiful instrument

At 71 years of age, any trumpet would at least need new pads; however, if you insist, I'll be happy to assume it is in perfect condition.

If it is in perfect cosmetic and musical condition, the current retail (replacement or insurance) value of your trumpet is approximately $1,500. If you were to sell it, you could expect to get the fair market (private sale or auction) value of approximately 40% of the retail amount or $600, depending on location and actual condition.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you Ray. If you have any further questions or problems concerning this answer, please let me know.
If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.
I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button), at no extra cost to you. Your positive rating is how I am credited for my work. Please click the five stars above, and then click the green button. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.
Thank you so much!

Hello Ray,

I am just checking in to see if you have any additional questions about your item?
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com; experts are verified users. Experts are only paid when and if you, the customer, leaves a favorable rating.
Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer at no additional cost to you.